Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, July 9

Holy God,
  Help me to do good.
  I know that I am good because you created me good, and I know that I am good because you have redeemed me and washed me with the blood of Christ.  You have saved me from sin and death, not because I earned it, but because you are gracious and kind and patient and loving.  Thank you.
  Lord, help me to do good, to live into the gift you have given me, to let my gratitude spill over into my actions.  I know that I can never earn your love, and that I don't need to... but I want to demonstrate my gratitude.  Thank you for your kindness, and I pray that this life might honor the gift you have given me, so that my hands are not clenched around the gifts, but rather that they are open, allowing the gifts to run through them, showing my gratitude to the world.

Amen

No comments: