Monday, March 7, 2011

10 Weeks


Our baby is the size of a kidney bean.

I had kidney beans for lunch yesterday.

Yes, this seems strange to me...

It has fingernails that have started to grow. If I were in baby design, I would think things like fingernails could be added on at the last minute. I'd be more worried about making sure everything else grew and developed than focusing on things like fingernails. And that's reason #2736478 that I'm not God--if I were in charge of designing babies, a bunch of spare parts would probably come out after labor because I hadn't paid attention to what I was doing and was left with some leftover things, and I'd count on the doctor to attach those.

The baby continues to grow, as does my fear. I have so little control over life already--now having an infant over whom I have almost no control will be add
ed on to the mix. It's almost as though God is t
rying to teach me something about not being in control (I'm an expert at ignoring God's subtle signs).

10 weeks down, 29 to go. Eek!

No comments: