Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nursery


So there I was...

I was working out in the Y yesterday and HGTV had a show on about nurseries. I usually keep an eye on HGTV, mostly because the televisions in the Y have, well, interesting channel selections. One has that show on where the guys make the motorcycles,the history channel always has something odd on (lots of apocalyptic stuff, and yesterday a show about a mass murder), ESPN is tuned to some obscure baseball game, and FOX & CNN all make HGTV look pretty good.

So the lady visits a couple that just had their second child, and I realized that someday, soon, I'd have to design a nursery.

I kinda panicked. Maybe it's because the reality began to set in, the total change. Maybe it's because this is the first real way that the child is imposing on our life, that we have to change for the kid (Well, except for the fact that Rachel doesn't change the kitty litter anymore). Maybe it's simply the fact that I'm about as prepared to put together a nursery as I am to assemble a fully working cold fusion reactor.

I know that I won't be alone in this step, and that the nursery will come together (although I have no idea what will happen to most of the stuff that is currently occupying this room), but for some reason a typically harmless, entertaining show suddenly made life seem a lot more real yesterday.

No comments: