Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3/2/2011

Good morning, God.

You are awesome. You have created an entire universe, with stars so far away they will never be known by us. Galaxies and comets race across the sky, each oblivious to our existence. Yet here we are, treasured and beloved by you. I could get lost staring into the night sky, trying to ponder the meaning of my existence, wondering if I am here by chance, but you have made known your love in so many ways. You have reached out, again and again, and demonstrated how deeply you love us. In Jesus Christ we meet you, fully God and fully human, and see your power over death and sin. In Christ I have my answer for the mystery written in the skies--we are created to worship, and you love each of us as if there was only one to love, as Augustine says. Thank you, my God, my Lord, and may I continue to stand before you in awe.

Amen

No comments: