Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/8/2011

Good morning, God.

What a day you have made--I wonder if you dance in the heavens when you see the beauty you have made. I wonder if you are in awe of what you have done here. I wonder if you sigh with joy as you look out at the earth and the sky.

Of course, you may also sigh in frustration as you watch us damage your creation, living as though we were gods, refusing to subject our lives to your will. It may bring consternation that you know what is best for our lives and our stubbornness leads us away from choosing that which is good.

You are Lord of heaven and earth, and you have given us free will to choose to live in relationship with you. You have given us freedom to love you, but we also have freedom to choose otherwise. May your Holy Spirit shine brightly on this day, that I, and so many others, will have the courage to choose your will, rather than our own.

Be gracious, Lord, and may your peace prevail in places like Libya and China. May they cease their fighting, and seek your will. And may I not forget them in my prayers.

Amen

No comments: