Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11/2011

Good morning, God.

It's a still and peaceful morning here. I thank you for that, for the glimpse of sunshine that bursts through the clouds and illumines the room. I thank you for the work I have to do today, for the chance to serve you, and I pray for the Spirit to work within me, that I might follow where you lead.

Lord, on this morning I pray for the people of Japan. I pray for the country, that you might protect those in danger, that you might heal those who have been harmed. I pray that you might bring order into their chaos, calm into their turmoil, and the assurance of your presence into the midst of their questions.

I cannot imagine their fear as the earth quakes, as normal life screeches to a halt and uncertainty reigns. I pray for the country, for the leaders and the citizens, that you might make a way in this sudden wilderness, and that your love might shine brightly. May the church take this opportunity to proclaim your name through works of love, and may we reach out to one another with compassion and grace.

You reign, Lord, and I trust you, even though I wonder why such things must happen. I've thought it out, reasoned it out, but in the midst of worldly chaos I must wonder why. Help me to see the way you see, Lord, that my faith might grow, that my knowledge may increase, and that I may serve you more faithfully.

In Christ,
Amen


No comments: