Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Unique

Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else.

In most surveys, a majority of Americans believe they are above average.  I will freely confess that, asked the same question, I would probably consider myself above average.  Meaning that I am, well, average.  Strange...

And yet, in the eyes of God, I am perfectly unique, treasured and secure.  I am not seen as another faceless entity in a sea of humanity--I am known by name, created with a purpose.  I am loved, because my Creator is love, and can be nothing but love.

I do have to remind myself of this from time to time, when I get down on myself and beat myself up for all the idols I create.  God loves me not because of what I do but because of whose I am.

At this point you may be wondering, that's great, Keith, but what about the baby?  I'm getting there, I promise.

By now, our child has its own unique set of fingerprints.

That's right--it is now possible for our child to leave evidence behind at the scene of any crime.  Just imagine those fingerprints all over freshly washed windows!

No two sets of fingerprints are alike--and so our child continues to develop as an individual, unlike any other (and obviously above average!).  Its heart continues to beat, it continues to grow and develop as a beloved child of God.  It is my prayer that it will never doubt God's love.

Per day, there are between 300,000-400,000 babies born every day in the world.

Each one is knit together in the mother's womb by God, and each one is treasured, perfectly unique, and beloved.  Christ rose upon the cross, stretched out his arms and died for every single one of them, and all are rose for them, too.  I cannot imagine or understand how God can love each one uniquely, separately, but I'm not God, so I don't have to figure it out.  I just have to be grateful that I worship a God who can and does love like that!

No comments: