Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So that

"I received mercy, so that in me, [...] making me an example to those who would come to believe."

"I am giving you these instructions [...] so that by following them you may fight the good fight."

In scanning through the first chapter of 1 Timothy, I'm caught by this phrase.

So that.

I think about how we are blessed for a purpose--not simply to enrich our lives, but with the goal that our blessings might go forth into the world, so that Christ might be revealed through us.

So that.

So that the world may know Christ.

So that the world might know God's love.

So that the church might not be filled with empty actions to enrich ourselves, but rather be busy occupying ourselves with the proclamation of God's Kingdom.

So that every thought, word and deed might be an offering to God, in the hopes that the passion with which we live shows how much we love the world, because we love Christ, who made the world.

So that.

What are your gifts, your blessings?

And how are you using them to bless others?

No comments: