Monday, May 25, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, May 25

Gracious God,
  You have been ever so patient.  While we have often strayed from your love, you have stayed true and faithful.  When we have rushed to the distractions and temptations of the day, your love has remained, steady and faithful, ever true, a guiding light if we'd choose to focus upon it.  Remind us once more of your great love, and as we embark upon this day, grant us your Holy Spirit wisdom so that we might remember all the ways you have been faithful in years past and see those as reminders so that we know we can trust you in the future.  So many of my sins, Lord, result because I'm trying to trust myself, trying to trust whatever is here and now and promises to be true.  Forgive these faults, Lord, and help me to trust you in and you alone for eternal life.

I love you, Lord.  Help me to live like it.

Amen

No comments: