Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Awesome God,
  Your throne of grace is perfect.  You dwell upon it, ruling the worlds with grace, majesty and might.  You are strength.
  You also rule from the throne of the cross.  It is wooden and humble, filled with hatred and violence.  Upon it, you appear broken and defeated, but in reality you are preparing for your greatest victory over death itself.  You are pouring yourself out for others, demonstrating that true strength can serve others.
  In you is perfection.  In you is goodness.
  Teach me, Lord, to find comfort and peace in you.  May I rest in your arms as a child rests in his mother's lap.  May I contemplate your perfection and your love, the generous way you pour yourself out for me and for all of humanity.  You love so purely, so passionately, and I am forever blessed by the power of your love, demonstrated in your majesty, your might, your splendor, your sacrifice.

Amen

No comments: