Monday, January 17, 2022

Psalm 40:9-12

Psalm 40:9-12 
English Standard Version

  When the Bengals won their first playoff game in 31 years on Saturday, there was celebration across the city and around the area.  Our household certainly celebrated -- we'd been waiting a long time for this!  I received text messages from a number of people who knew that I was watching and invested in the game.  
  Reading this passage, I wonder how many of us advertise our passion for sports teams with far more enthusiasm than we advertise our passion for Christ.  Do we celebrate steps in faith with the same energy we celebrate a sports victory?  It's a convicting question for me, and I doubt that I'm the only one...
  May we not restrain our lips when we speak of God's faithfulness and the deliverance that is offered through the grace of Christ!  God's steadfast love and faithfulness will preserve us!

No comments: