Friday, June 5, 2015

A Prayer for Friday, June 5

My God,
  You are worthy of all praise and worship.  From before the beginning, you are good.  You are perfect and you are loving.  Your judgments are perfect and just, and your might is unassailable.  No one could remove you from your throne, where you rule with wisdom and power.  The elders fall down before your throne and worship, and there is no greater place in existence than your throne room.  You dwell in unapproachable light, and your Kingdom shall have no end.
  Lord, I confess that I do not constantly keep you in my thoughts.  My mind races from task to task, worrying about achieving results and fretting what others might think of me along the way.  I am in constant turmoil, pulled from different directions, and my mind races as I consider all that is before me.  My thoughts drift far from you.  Forgive me of this, for placing other things before you as priorities, for forgetting that my ultimate goal is to worship you at all times.
  Lord, as I go along today, remind me that I am in your hands, that nothing is impossible in you and that you will never be separated from me.  Encourage me, forgive me, empower me and embolden me, so that I may be a selfless servant who washes the feet of others in the hopes that your kingdom may advance and you may receive the glory you deserve.  May my mind and heart be singularly-focused on praising you in my thoughts, in my deeds, in my work and in my relationships.  May first things be first today, and may my fretting heart and racing thoughts find their rest in you.

Amen

No comments: