Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, June 10

Lord,
  When I get rushed, I tend to hurry my steps, hurry my thoughts, hurry, hurry, hurry.  I get anxious and start to feel the pressure closing in, as all I can think of is the next deadline, the next step, the next item.
  In these frenzied moments, slow me down enough to take a deep breath, to think of you and your grace and the eternity in which heaven shall dwell.  May this moment of peace pervade me, and may I see the ultimate things for what they are, recognizing the rush of the moment to be pulling my attention away from the eternal and into the immediate.  In these times, may I attend well and faithfully to the demands placed upon me, but may I do so with a spirit focused on you, centered on the eternal reality of your presence, and recognizing that worshiping you is my first priority in each and every moment of life.

Amen

No comments: