Monday, June 8, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, June 8

Father in heaven,
  O, how you love.
  You have always loved, from the beginning of time love has defined who you are.  You have loved in the moment you set the planets in motion, just as you have loved when you created the ant and the aardvark and the zebra.  In every breath, we are surrounded by your great and abiding love.  We swim in it, taking it in and breathing it out.
  Teach us to appreciate your love, Lord, rather than taking it for granted.  Your love leads you to be patient and kind to us, even when we do not deserve such graciousness.  Your love, O Lord, has led me through the night and awakened me this morning.  It has placed a song within me, waiting to be sung, so that the world may know of your love. Teach me the words, my God.
  You are great and powerful and perfect.  Anything that is tinged by sin and filth must be made clean before entering into your presence.  Your throne room cannot be tainted by the presence of evil and brokenness.
  Your love, O Lord, washes me clean, time and time again.  It removes from my soul the pockmarks and divots that sin painfully carves into my being.  It restores me and makes me whole.
  Lord, when I am weak and tempted to turn to easy solutions and mindless diversions, remind me of your great love and all you have done for me, that I might turn to you in gratitude, undertaking the hard work of discipleship, of loving you more each and every moment.
  You love, Lord.  May I do the same today.

Amen

No comments: