Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, June 9

Lord,
  You are at work in the universe, beyond the scope of what my mind can take in.  You have created stars and planets, and the edge of the universe is still within the palm of your righteous hand.  Nothing is too big for you.
  Remind me, O Lord, that you are at work in the smallest places of the world as well.  May this anxious heart believe that you care for me, that your love abounds, that in the stillness of the morning you are deeply concerned for me.  Just as you care for the sparrow, your eye does not leave my presence, your love does not fail to enclose me.  There are seven billion people on this planet, Lord, and I am not lost in the crowd, too small to notice, too similar to the rest to stand out to my loving Father.  You are with me throughout my days, in my presence when I wake and when I eat, when I work and when I ramble.  You never leave, and your love is near, guiding me, assuring me, encouraging me.  On this day, may I be comforted by your presence and certain of your love, that in this vast universe that spins through space, you somehow have the ability to care for each and every one of your creations as though they were the only ones to love and provide for.  Your love is astounding, Lord.  May I be astounded today.

Amen

No comments: